IIZI Release Notes
The following are the release notes for IIZI version 1.6 in reversed chronological order.
Updating iiziGo to the latest version is easiest done using Eclipse -> Help -> Check for Updates.
This will check for all updates for Eclipse as well as for IIZI using the P2 repository.
IIZI version 2 is updated to the Jakarta EE 9 framework (jakarta.*) from the previous Java EE 7+
using the javax.* packages used in IIZI version 1.x.
IIZI version 2 also works under Windows 11 latest developer previews.
Version 184.108.40.20695 – 23 August 2021
- Timestamp signature algorithm not compatible with Eclipse 4.19 or earlier made installation
of IIZI impossible from the Eclipse marketplace into Eclipse versions prior to 4.20.
This error is also shown if updating iiziGo from an earlier version using Check for Updates.
- Optimized look-up of compiled Java for IIZI references.
Version 220.127.116.1191 – 22 August 2021
- Problem in IIZI Java annotation processor causes project Java compilation error marker with the text
MethodXXX 'someMethod' has the annotation '@someAnnotation' but is missing a back-reference
to the Method Reference: it should refer back to 'someValue', i.e. '@OnSomeEvent(annotationRef = "someReference")'
even when this back reference is present. The message, when error exists in project, is also changed
from 'MethodXXX...' to 'Method...'.
- Removed iiziGo Save Participant for Eclipse, no longer required.
- Updated device-detector to version 1.0.10-iizi.
Version 18.104.22.16879 – 18 August 2021
- Added Selector "device" testers.
- dev-isBrowser - Browser based device
- dev-isCarBrowser - Car based Browser device
- dev-isDesktop - Desktop system device
- dev-isFeaturePhone - Feature Phone device
- dev-isMobile - Mobile device
- dev-isMobileApp - Mobile App device
- dev-isNotebook - Notebook device
- dev-isPhablet - Phablet device (phone/tablet device)
- dev-isPIM - PIM device (Personal Information Manager device)
- dev-isSmartDisplay - Smart Display device
- dev-isSmartphone - Smartphone device
- dev-isSmartSpeaker - Smart Speaker device
- dev-isTablet - Tablet device
- dev-isTouchEnabled - Touch Enabled device
- dev-isTV - TV device
- dev-usesMobileBrowser - Device uses a mobile browser
- Update Java Development Kit to OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-11.0.12+7.
- Updated org.apache.commons:commons-pool2 to 2.11.0.
- Updated slf4j-api to 2.0.0-alpha4.
Version 22.214.171.12431 – 27 July 2021
- New Panel Editor Actions available in the Context Menu of the UI Component Tree
and in the Panel Designer, along with new Tooltips:
- Show in container changing to the pane containing selected item
in the component tree for swap container(s) recursively.
- Show actions related to VirtualSpace:
- panel's VirtualSpace,
- state and focus in VS,
- focus VS component, and
- VS action/field/table/table column.
- Go to Java source code (also working recursively upwards in the UI component tree):
- the VirtualSpace connected class,
- onVS-methods indirectly connected through the VS component or the VirtualSpace,
- the panel's Java class, and
- the panel/components onUI-methods.
- New VirtualSpace Editor Actions available in the VS Component Tree context menu
to go to the Java class and all the onVS-methods along with new Tooltips:
- the VirtualSpace onVS-methods and class, and
- the selected VS components onVS-methods.
- The VirtualSpace Editor now shows the Connections to UI components if any
exists in the Action, Field, Table or Table column Connections pane.
- Added new iiziServer environment variable "iizi.jetty-debug" that can be "true" or "false"
in order to specifically set debug level for the Jetty loggers.
- Screen output redirection (stdout and stderr) to the IIZI logger with INFO or SEVERE
- Optimized Java code making it faster and smaller using lambda coding, enhanced for-loops,
and more, where possible.
- SLF4J implementation for IIZI logger to catch logging output from Jetty, Let's Encrypt and
other frameworks (e.g. CSS parser).
- Updated IIZI logo and color to orange.
- Apache commons-io updated to version 2.11.0.
- Apache commons-compress updated to version 2.21.0.
- Netty updated to version 4.1.66.
- OSHI core updated to version 5.8.0.
- Zstd native library updated to version 1.5.0-4.
- Panel Editor: actions for absolute layout move/size component settings could throw an exception.
- Panel Editor: changing panes using mouse in UI designer causes mouse cursor and mouse movements
to halt until e.g. 2nd mouse button is pressed.
Version 126.96.36.19903 – 16 July 2021
- KString regression: conversion not always correct to plain strings.
Version 188.8.131.5293 – 12 July 2021
- Jakarta Activation versions 2.0.1 replaces javax.activation version 1.2.0.
- Jakarta Annotation API versions 2.0.0 replaces javax.annotation version 1.3.0.
- Jakarta Mail versions 2.0.1 replaces javax.mail version 1.6.2.
- Jakarta Servlet API versions 5.0.0 replaces javax.servlet version 3.1.
- Jakarta Transaction API version 2.0.0.
- Jakarta WebSocket API (server and client) versions 2.0.0.
- Eclipse IDE base updated to 2021-06 version 4.20.
- Jetty updated to version 11.0.6.
- Apache commons-io updated to version 2.10.0.
- Apache commons-pool2 updated to version 2.10.0.
- com.google.code.gson/gson updated to version 2.8.7.
- Firebase Admin updated to version 8.0.0.
- Google Closure Compiler updated to v20210601.
- OSHI core updated to version 5.7.4.
- SLF4J updated to version 2.0.0-alpha2.
- Other Jars also updated to match the above list.
- The KString class that handles HTML in IIZI string and its utilities are optimized and
are now faster and use less memory and produces less garbage collection.
- Regression: administrator's password policy checking failed.
- All Java EE library Jars using javax.* such as Java Mail, Activation, Servlet API, Transaction, WebSocket API.
Version 184.108.40.20661 – 01 June 2021
The IIZI Versions 1.x are all using the previous Java EE framework javax.*.
- Added LanguageMatch methods getMapLowerCase() and getSimpleMapLowerCase().
- Corrected NPE at KString.isEmpty() that could occur for Plain KString's.
- Corrected CIDProp so that value never can be null, a cause for the transaction problem described above.
- Text tables always used a case sensitive Language Code when looking up matching localized text table.
- LanguageMatch.getDescription(languageCode) always used a case sensitive Language Code.
Version 220.127.116.1158 – 31 May 2021
- Added Microsoft identity platform as authentication provider (test case and implementation),
with optional "tenant" specification ("common" multiplexed version used otherwise).
- Added getting configured and initiated OAuth authentication providers from AppFactory.
- Added support to define any UI container as a HTML "form" with autocomplete attribute (on/off).
- Added support for CSS text-decoration-thickness for most browsers (except Internet Explorer).
- Added new PropCnr and IPropCnr getProp(index,clazz) and getProp(index,clazz,logError) methods.
- Added new method in MailSender to create mail with defaults (Sender, Reply To, CC's and BCC's),
and retrieval methods of these default values. The defaults are configured for the mail service in the server.
- Added "details" and getInputStream() methods to UserProfileInfo.
- Redesign of panels in iiziLogin.
- Added support for raw InputStream to ProfilePictureInfo in case the URL only can be loaded using OAuth.
- Spaces in iiziGo for parameters where not quoted when launching the iiziServer configuration (project name, database directory, classpath).
- Quoted values on the command line of the iiziServer were not properly parsed resulting in e.g. invalid file names.
- Fixed iiziLogin Java code for new authentication API.
- Attempted fix of image resizing when scaling of image is used to fit inside, both SVG and IMG.
- Corrected NPE occuring at start of iizGo or iiziServer laucnhed from iiziGo, too early stage with Let's Encrypt certificates renewal.
Minor problem as the certificates are renewed at a later stage.
- Corrected CSS so that images (bitmaps and SVGs) are centered on lines in buttons and labels (label and output text components).
- iiziGo: StackOverflowException in Action handlers, e.g. when refactoring a VSField name (rename) - very difficult to reproduce.
- iiziGo: corrected flexbox items could not use formulas or percentage units.
- iiziGo: NPE at very early startup, e.g. for verifying ServerSettings.
- Removed SOAP and XML (for REST web services).
- Projects WSDL4J and XSOM removed.
- Commented/cleaned up code and icons for SOAP/XML removal.
- Removed dependency Jars in com.iizix.ws.
Version 18.104.22.16840 – 18 May 2021
- Added sign in authentication providers: LinkedIn, Facebook, Google and Twitter.
- Added (Java + JS) and then commented out drop-shadow filter support (in JS) as it doesn't work in MSIE 11.
- Added string localization LocaleString system-wide for the System app.
- Added lots of new methods to com.iizix.user.UserInfoBase.
- Added new error messages to LoginResult.
- Added LocaleString support for PasswordPolicy, exceptions.
- Added IUserAuthenticationUI and implementation in server, get instance from AppFactory.
- Added [I]AppSessionGyro getKStringInfoProvider method like [I]ClientSessionGyro used by [I]LocaleString.
- Documented new LocaleString text IDs.
- Moved textShadow and boxShadow directories into shadow (where also drop-shadow is).
- Updated ScribeJava version Jars.
- Changed UserProfileInfo, added profile image support.
- Copying e.g. a check box with keeps the same internal component ID, thus causing errors with duplicate ID's in HTML.
- Corrected test cases for authentication providers LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google.
- Fixed up a lot of getUser(..) with returning null, changed to throw NotFoundException and sometimes also SQLException.
- Corrected OAuth 1.0a for Twitter in OAuthEngine and AbstractOAuthService.
- Fixed scopes for OAuth 2.0 authentication providers.
- Truncated precision for alpha component or opacity i GColor to max 3 decimals for CSS.
- Corrected JavaDoc for verify(..) method where there were duplicate parameters.
Version 22.214.171.12435 – 05 May 2021
- Conscrypt and HTTP/2 are now used by default for Jetty Web Server if not specified otherwise in environment variables
(iizi.conscrypt or iizi.http2, set to true or false).
- iiziRun: upcoming version 2.0.0 is now in Alpha 2 and has Push Notification support.
- iiziGo: Faster loading of projects, order of loading folders changed causing faster reference resolving.
- iiziGo: Error markers now created for errors in folder settings.
- iiziGo: delay for reference validation and error markers changes now increased from 500ms to 1s.
- Utilities.COLLATOR static final variable is now a Collator for the default locale.
- Modified public boolean verify(PropVerification verification) from void to boolean as return code.
- Regression: CORS missing in HTTP headers where applicable, iiziRun failed to connect to server in another domain.
- Corrected Mobile Combobox that had a reference to invalid izrPrompt variable.
- Verification of containers wrong for containers that allows to not have children e.g. the Heading container.
- Corrected verification of CheckBox: now checks value for null along with VSField's Allow null value.
- iiziGo: possibility to force usage of Microsoft Edge (edge), Chromium (chromium), WebKit (webkit) or
default (default) as internal browser using Java property -Dcom.iizi.browser=name in iiziGo.ini,
default browser in Windows is Internet Explorer 11.
- Method StringMapProp.getStringMapAsStringArray was incorrectly spelled as getStrinMapAsStringArray.
- ServerAdmin corrected for StringMapProp.getStringMapAsStringArray.
Back to Support main page, https://support.mindus.co/.